Our family's journey, & all the bumps & bruises along the way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, October 17, 2008

angry lil filly's....

Well we seem to have a lil issue with what might just be an addiction. I'll tell you what happend and you tell me what you think... Big A got in the car tonight, our family was headed out to have dinner with friends, and he happend to glance back and noticed that the back of my car was littered with trash. Well needless to say he reacted with his typical " Ok girls, thats it, hand your phones up, you've lost them for the night". What happend next took even me by surprised. Now, I wont go into all of the specific of the hysterics but I will say that you would have thought we had just run over their fav. dog. OH GLORY were the tears a streaming and the mouths a jabberin. Soooo he added another day, OHHH MAGOODNESS!!!-- 2 warnings later stilll a yammering.....So one of them, ( can ya even imagine which) threw herself back against her seat and started to nearly hyperventilate... I nearly dropped my gum!! My final attemp to get the riot under control was to threaten loss of said wireless devices for an entire week if the shananagins were not immediately halted. What in the world is this world comming to?? Ok, maybe not the world, but I am seriously having an issue with the amount of frightning fondness these kids have for that little contraption. I have very strick guidlines for their usage and they have limited time that they can be on it. The reasons they have them is - they babysit and I can stay connected to them no matter where they are, they opted for phones in leu of allowance ( cheaper on our wallets), we dont have a home phone, we get free texting and its a nice way for them to stay conncted to their family but most important is the fact that we can use it as a leverage /learning tool. It works wonders when they maybe need a little incentive to get their stuff done or to maybe be home on time ect... Well after their very annimated display we are going to be revisiting the issue, and I'm not really sure what might be the final verdict... I'll check back and let ya know what happens.. Till next time, LA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the joys of girls and their drama, I remember those days like yesterday. Sadly enough cell phone can become an addiction, and a hard one to break. Good luck with that and as always I'm praying for you.