Our family's journey, & all the bumps & bruises along the way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, December 4, 2008





I have a 15 year old daughter & to protect the onery, I shall refer to her as ummm, Maria (just because I feel like it, that's why). Well any of you that have teen girls from about the age 13- 17 know that its typically very difficult to get them to do anything that doesn't include a mirror &/or cold hard cash! I don't know why that is, its just a fact! I, (grin) was able to finagle my Maria (exotic heh?!) to agree ( & totally freaked even me out) w/out much prodding, to wash my car in our drive today, Wooohooo!.... Sooo, we get home, she comes in & gets changed, & I start my journey into digging up ( & I say digging because I have a place for everything, but if my precious husband or girls get ahold of it, whatever"it" is, only the good Lord knows where it might turn up).So I imediately feel the pange of my just masterd plan falling apart at the seams, because it seems, that my very well stocked car washing bucket & the instruments of mass dirt destruction ARE GONE! I looook everywhere & then it suddenly dawns on me, my husband had mentioned somthing about cleaning his truck out last WEEK! So, I phone him & to my horror- he did infact take, & not return my beautiful bucket to its home. I felt deflated. I stand realizing that there stood prob. my once in a lifetime, chance of getting my Maria to agree to doing anything like this ever again in our whole entire lives ( ok, a touch dramatic) - shoulders slumped I walk in the house, where she greets me with a loving "Hurry up mom, geeze, I don't have all day!" ... As I'm walking away, stiffeling back the tears, I say" Its , its not going to happen today Maria" - in an almost whisper I say " my bucket, it wasn't returned".....






Moral of the story? Always , Always HIDE YOUR BUCKET! Amen



Ok, I just had to sneak a pic of my fab dueo in, just makes me feel better, thats all... ;)


And to all a Fabulous Thurday!! LA

15 comments:

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

That just STINKS!

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! You need to make hubby wash it since he took it and didn't return it, right!

Aquaspce said...

That sucks! I'll trade your 15 year old for my eight year old?

Jess said...

I LOVE your hair, cute cute cute.

Us said...

I'm thinking Hubby owes you a DELUXE MIKE'S EXPRESS CAR WASH!! Girl, and you are obsessed with Twilight!! LOL!

He & Me + 3 said...

Just splurge and go get it detailed. LOL. Better luck next time.

nikkicrumpet said...

You're right....a teenage girl miracle like that only happens once in a blue moon. Ah heck take your car to one of those super cool car washing places and let them do the work for you!

Jill said...

Twilight is taking over the world! :)

Jess said...

I dont know to explain it. I grew up with her, we are the same age, and her music makes me want to shake my bootay.

She's not my fave singer/band by any means...But the cd is rockin', it makes me shake my bootay once again, and well, she's hot lol

I want to read twilight, but I'm scared I'll get sucked in and will be an obsessed goner.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I love coming over here, it always makes me laugh. Love the photo of you and Maria (wink).

Have a blessed night.

Kam said...

You are crackin' me up...I make you well up...you make me crack up. It's a friendship in the making!

Davisix said...

I don't seem to have to hide my bucket. No one else around here wants it. :(

Mrs4444 said...

Well, she's willing to let you take a cute photo with her, so you have that going for you! :)

Valarie Lea said...

Do they have meeting for Moms addicted to Twilight??? We can call it M.A.T.T! Maybe I need to start one????

Tabitha Blue said...

Sorry about your car wash!! Great way to write the story though.

Oh, and that's a great photo of you two... and the couple! Wow, doesn't even look like her, well maybe the 'after' ;)