Our family's journey, & all the bumps & bruises along the way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pops...

I just wanted to say a word about the most- most important man in my life (before my Hubzie & before I knew the Lord) my Pops. This fella here was the man who raised me w/ so much love & security(& @ the time,  hands that seemed as tho they belonged to a giant). I went back & forth from my moms to her parents house all of my young life (for reasons I won't share). My grandfather had a ranch in NM, where thankfully I spent quite a bit of my youth. There I got to be a cowgirl, explorer, treehouse co builder & basically anything that my young mind could dream up. While on my trip back to NM last week I had a really wonderful visit w/ him. (now 85 years young) It was such a reminder of who is in my life. He's a really great man & one to whom I have measured all of the men in my life.( so many will never measure up). So I just want to say,"Thank you Papaw, I wouldn't be the woman, wife, mom & friend that I am today, if you hadn't been there to love me & to teach me how to love." I love you...

Leah Allen
-- Sent from my Palm Pre




2 comments:

Robyn said...

What a beautiful post! It's important for a young girl to have a good man figure in their lives and it sounds like your Papaw is and was just that!

Jen said...

Ahhhhh. What a sweet post. You're very lucky.